I came across this article from 2009 while doing some research on TOGAF. In my opinion it is still relevant today. Key points:
- a SKILL is the ability to complete a job that is acquired over time.Sometimes a skill uses tools
- A framework is another tool
- A framework is not the skill or the point of the activity in the first place
- It is a process for doing things
- The point is to use a common process to make architecture easier and better, the goal to save time and hence save money and the skill…. Applying Architecture Methodologies.